• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Do strech marks go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILOVETORELAX

Bluelighter
Hi, im 18years old and i use to do heavy weight training for several years, i have recently got strech marks on my bi-ceps, i was wondering, do they ever go away?

I've got them on my ass and hips, and after years of using moisturisers with vitamin E, cocoa butter, coconut oil, they are still there. My current project is using MSM flakes which I take internally and use externally in the form of a lotion - not just for my stretch marks, it's got other benefits as well, but it's supposed to be really good for your skin. I'll let you know if it works.

I've got them on my ass and hips, and after years of using moisturisers with vitamin E, cocoa butter, coconut oil, they are still there. My current project is using MSM flakes which I take internally and use externally in the form of a lotion - not just for my stretch marks, it's got other benefits as well, but it's supposed to be really good for your skin. I'll let you know if it works.

hmm that sounds good!, ill try that i suppose, thanks alot :)

I've heard that red stretch marks will disappear but white ones won't. I think its because the white ones are scarred over skin.

Anyways the thing that I've always found helpful was tanning. Maybe it doesn't get rid of them but it seems to hide them. Also losing weight seems to make them go away.

Yeah, I have like two little white stetch marks on my right hip (random??).. no one can notice them because they are so faint, but it still bugs me that they are there!!!! ive tried cocoa butter, doesnt seem to have much effect :( i dont tan though, so maybe they are right about that ^ but Idk!!!

ahh damnit, well there not extreamly noticeable unless i wear a musscle shirt, i guess ill have to try tanning eventually.

hmm that sounds good!, ill try that i suppose, thanks alot :)

I know that MSM works to prevent scars at least. Since I'm mixed race and have dark skin, scars are really visible on me... And I have a *lot* of scars (self-harm during teenage years), and I've tried just about everything to get rid of the scars, even applying pure Vit E cream constantly as the cuts were healing didn't help. The other week though I got a cut that normally would have turned into a scar. I applied MSM lotion several times a day, and it healed very fast and you can hardly see it now! Which is pretty miraculous, because as I said before, I've tried all methods I could possibly think of before to stop scarring...

So if it worked that well to prevent scarring, maybe it could work to heal old scars and stretch marks as well.... It may take longer though, but it's worth a try. It should definitely work to prevent more stretch marks forming.

yeah tan the fuck out of yourself and it will diminish.

bodybuilding pros inject themselves with melatonan-II - a hormone responsible for triggering the skin pigmentation process.

I would hazard a guess that massage would bring regenerative blood to the site.

I'm not sure that would help. Does it help with scarring? Somebody said they are LIKE scars. I'll see that and raise you: they ARE scars.

I have them on my deltoids, they have gone down quite a bit over time but they are still there.

I've heard that it helps with scarring, yes.

nice, do you think it matters if they are old or new? I imagine once the scar has 'set' a little bit its harder to regenerate/heal with massage?

Considering the regeneration rate of skin cells to be on the order of months, I'm curious as to why scars last for years. Maybe the creation of scar tissue causes a change in the DNA? I would imagine that an old scar has a deeper psychic impact and is therefore harder to get rid of.

Considering the regeneration rate of skin cells to be on the order of months, I'm curious as to why scars last for years. Maybe the creation of scar tissue causes a change in the DNA? I would imagine that an old scar has a deeper psychic impact and is therefore harder to get rid of.

either that or the scar tissue blocks the physical expression of genes responsible for regenerating the skin? Thats just speculation on my part though. I think you're on the money though with trying to get blood into the area. More blood into the area = more nutrients. More nutrients = more healing.

When I was 18 and 19 I was on Lithium carbonate and Neurontin for my bipolar disorder and it caused me to go from my normal 5'4" 135 pound self to a 230 pound me. Because the weight gain was so quick I got stretch marks on my upper arms. I quit those medications and the ones I'm on now don't cause weight gain. I've been at 135 or 140 pounds now since 2004 but the stretch marks have never gone away. They are less noticeable now, but they're still there. I don't think they will ever go away.

Stretch marks, do not go away, no matter what anyone tries to sell you. It is the elastin fibres within the dermal area of the skin (collagenated area) (which does not renew like the epidermal layer) that has lost its elasticity/damaged, due to sudden excess amount of extention of the skin beyond its capacity to stretch further (as in pregnancy or sudden weight gain or muscle building fast!). The damage done, and finished! Tanning does cover them up, and certain thick consistency cover ups as well.

When I was 18 and 19 I was on Lithium carbonate and Neurontin for my bipolar disorder and it caused me to go from my normal 5'4" 135 pound self to a 230 pound me. Because the weight gain was so quick I got stretch marks on my upper arms. I quit those medications and the ones I'm on now don't cause weight gain. I've been at 135 or 140 pounds now since 2004 but the stretch marks have never gone away. They are less noticeable now, but they're still there. I don't think they will ever go away.

yah Im on respiradol now, its a anti-psychotic med, and i take that 2mg, once in the morning and once at night, and I was also on seroquil 200mg 2 times a day, the seroquil made me really really fat, i stopped it, and got back into the weight training, although i have experienced some more rage's and stuff, but hopefully the respiradol will help with that.

yah Im on respiradol now, its a anti-psychotic med, and i take that 2mg, once in the morning and once at night, and I was also on seroquil 200mg 2 times a day, the seroquil made me really really fat, i stopped it, and got back into the weight training, although i have experienced some more rage's and stuff, but hopefully the respiradol will help with that.

It can be a real pain trying to find the right medications that will actually work and let you live a better life. I didn't find the right combination until I was 26. I'm lucky, the Seroquel hasn't caused me to bloat up at all. Just be patient and stick to finding the right meds... It's a better alternative than not being on meds if you need the meds. If the side effects are too much to deal with talk to your doctor about changing meds; there are so many medications out now that one or a combination of some will be right for you and will have few or no side effects. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.